Gigred is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information of its users, including buyers, sellers, and other visitors browsing the Site, as well as affiliates, influencers, and other collaborators interacting with Gigred. You need to know our information-gathering practices when you access and/or use the Site. This Policy details our privacy practices for the Site and the services provided by Gigred, as well as the privacy practices that apply to individuals who are affiliates, influencers, and other collaborators. By accessing and/or using the Site and its related sites, applications, services, goods, and/or registering for an account and/or registering for our affiliate, influencer, or similar program, you acknowledge that you understand how we process your personal data in compliance with this Policy. This includes our collection, use, disclosure, processing, and retention of personal information. You may also refer to this Policy to learn how to limit the sharing of your information.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide: When you sign up for the Site, use it, fill out forms, participate in skills tests or surveys, utilize the Site as a collaborator, and/or register for our affiliate or influencer program, we will request that you provide specific personal information, including a valid email address, Facebook or Google account login credentials, and username. We may also request that you provide or otherwise allow us to gather additional information, such as your name, profile details, physical address or billing information, telephone number or other contact details, transactional information, payment details (for instance, in some cases we process your payment method and credit card number), taxpayer information and forms, information about other linked social network accounts, information about your listed gigs, purchases, education, profession and expertise, information and files you upload to the Site, and additional authentication information (such as copies of your government-issued ID, passport, or driver’s license, as permitted by applicable laws and as specified in our Help Center under “Verify Your Identity“). We also collect information regarding or included in your communications with Gigred, your posts on our blogs or forums, and your interactions with other Gigred users.
To enhance your experience on Gigred, we have implemented impression reporting for our ads. This involves the collection of certain data when you view our ads, including your Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data such as your user agent, IP address, host, URL, the country/continent from which the request was made, browser information, and information about your device and operating system.
Information We Receive from Third Parties: We obtain information from third-party vendors and other commercially available sources, including:
- We obtain information from third-party vendors and other commercially available sources to us in compliance with relevant laws. For instance, we receive fraud alerts from service providers to assist us in preventing fraud and assessing risks. We also obtain information from enrichment service providers to improve and customize your experience and from advertising and marketing partners to manage and evaluate our promotional activities.
- When you use a third-party service like Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn to link, connect, or log in to your account, we obtain specific information from that particular service, including your registration and profile details. The nature of this information may differ and is subject to the control of that service or if permitted by you through your privacy settings on that service.
- If you choose to invite contacts from your G-suite directory, we can view contact details, subject to your G-suite permission. We will use this data to allow you to ask your contacts to your Gigred account. We will also use aggregated, anonymized information for our internal purposes.
- If you integrate third-party information into your account or connect your account with third-party systems, tools, or products, in that case, we will receive particular information about you based on the permissions you have granted to such third parties.
We merge your personal information with data that we gather automatically or receive from other businesses, and we utilize it for the objectives described in this Policy.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
Under applicable laws, all handling of your personal information will be supported by a “lawful basis” for processing, where applicable. In most situations, processing will be validated based on the fact that:
- You have given your consent for us to use your personal information for a particular purpose;
- Our utilization of your personal information is essential for executing a contract or initiating the process of forming a contract with you (such as providing you with the services you have bought);
- The handling of your information is compulsory to fulfill a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we are bound to follow (for example, fraud prevention); or
- The processing is crucial to facilitate our legitimate interests as a company (such as enhancing our services for you), subject to your fundamental rights and interests. It is carried out at all times in a proportionate manner.
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Our utilization of your personal information is intended to provide you with top-notch service and security, administer the Site, execute our responsibilities towards you, and enhance and upgrade our service. For instance, we utilize personal information to authenticate your identity, create and configure your account, verify or reset your password, record your activity, enable your communication with other members, furnish customer support, and contact you periodically. This information assists us in developing and refining our services, analyzing and comprehending our performance, your preferences, and your performance, and personalizing our service to improve your experience (such as suggesting Gigs, ranking search results, etc.).
- Our utilization of your personal information is also intended to safeguard the integrity of our marketplace, avert fraud, and preserve a secure and safe marketplace and services. For example, we utilize personal information to supervise, track, and prevent fraudulent and inappropriate activities, scrutinize content integrity, conduct security assessments and risk investigations, validate or authenticate the information provided by you, implement our Terms of Service, and conform to applicable laws. We perform specific behavioral analyses to achieve the objectives mentioned above. In rare cases, if we identify any activity that we believe endangers the Gigred marketplace, other users, our community, or third parties, automated procedures may restrict or limit your ability to use Gigred. If you want to dispute any such decision, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
- To contact you, as requested or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this Policy.
- We utilize your data to promote and advertise the Gigred marketplace, our services, and the Site. This may include sending direct marketing messages (as outlined below), displaying information that is relevant to you, as well as coordinating referral programs, contests, and other promotional events or activities.
- We maintain proper business records to adhere to applicable laws and regulations as required by law. In addition, we may also comply with lawful requests from public authorities.
We will request your consent before utilizing information for a purpose other than those stated in this Policy.
- We employ your personal information to send you direct marketing communications concerning our related services, products, or promotions that may interest you. These communications may be delivered via email, post, SMS, telephone, or targeted online advertisements.
- We process your personal information for marketing purposes based on our legitimate interest, your consent, or as otherwise permitted under applicable laws. You have the right to stop direct marketing at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking the opt-out link provided in each communication or by sending an email to [email protected].
- We endeavor to restrict direct marketing to a fair and reasonable level and to only send you communications that we believe may be of interest or significance to you based on the information we have about you.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
As a general practice, we maintain personal information for the duration necessary to accomplish the objective for which it was obtained. Nevertheless, we may keep your personal information for an extended period in specific situations. We will keep personal information for the following reasons:
- For as long as it is essential and pertinent to our operations, such as maintaining an accurate record of your interactions with us in case of any disputes or challenges.
- We may process personal information from closed accounts to adhere to applicable laws, prevent fraudulent activities, recover any outstanding fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot issues, provide assistance with investigations, implement our Site terms, and take other actions as allowed by law.
This Site is accessible and open to users 18 or older or of legal age to enter into a binding agreement. Minors who are at least 13 years old but under 18 years old may use the Site, but only through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian who has provided appropriate consent. The Site and Gigred services are not intended for minors under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. Parents and guardians must supervise their children’s activities at all times. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13, in that case, we will delete such information immediately. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Without your explicit consent, we do not provide your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, nor do we rent or sell it.
As outlined below, we disclose your personal information to third parties:
- With other users and site visitors: Upon registration, your profile information, including your username, country, and other activity-related details, will be publicly displayed and accessible to all Site users. This encompasses any photos you upload, your published portfolio, Gig details, ratings, and any supplementary information you decide to include in your profile.
We allow you to engage in public discussions and contribute content through forums, blogs, and similar features. It is important to note that certain details, such as your username and profile, along with any content you upload, will be viewable by the public when you use these features. Additionally, when you communicate with other users through messaging or other means, your information may be shared with them.
You acknowledge and accept any associated risks by sharing your data or publishing information on Gigred. If you choose to disclose personal details to other users, including Sellers who are providing a service via Gigred, such information will be shared with these users as separate controllers. Although Gigred and our Terms of Service require Sellers to maintain confidentiality with respect to shared information, we cannot guarantee that all users will comply. You are responsible for ensuring that other users will adhere to your standards.
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who assist us in operating the Site, managing your account, and providing additional services and solutions. These providers include, but are not limited to, hosting services, billing and payment processors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, data, and cybersecurity services, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT SaaS services, session recording, communication systems, mailing systems, data optimization, and marketing services, data enrichment services, legal and financial advisors, and technical consultants. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures, consistent with applicable legal requirements, to ensure that these third-party providers adequately safeguard your personal information and process it only in accordance with our instructions.
- For legal reasons: We may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, public authorities, or other third parties to comply with legal processes, such as a subpoena or court order, or to regulatory authorities. We may also share personal information with law enforcement authorities when we believe it is necessary to investigate suspected fraud, security breaches, violations of law, or breaches of our policies. Additionally, we may disclose personal information to respond to claims against us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gigred, our customers, or the public.
- For payments and fraud detection: We may share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies, and other similar third-party providers to facilitate payments made through the Site and secure and protect the Site against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), and other potential liabilities or claims.
- With users whom you interact: We share personal information to help facilitate interactions between users. For example, if you are a Buyer, we may share certain limited information about you (such as the fact it is your first purchase on Gigred) with the Seller to ensure the services you receive from the Seller will fit your needs, such as sharing of information is limited in scope, and is only intended to improve the services provided by the Seller and your user experience;
- In the context of a corporate transaction: Personal information may be disclosed during a business transition, such as a merger, sale, transfer of assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar occurrence. We may disclose your data to prospective buyers if we sell any part of our business or assets. Moreover, if a third party acquires us or substantially all of our assets, information that we have about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
The personal information you provide may be processed or stored on our behalf by third-party suppliers and data processors, which may be located in jurisdictions outside your own, such as the United States and India. The laws of these jurisdictions may differ from your own. Additionally, there may be transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside of the EEA that need to provide an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection perspective, such as the United States. To ensure the security of your personal information, we take appropriate safeguards, such as entering into European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses or equivalent data transfer safeguards with such recipients outside of the EEA. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Do Not Track
Our commitment to the security of our Site, services, and personal information is demonstrated through implementing technical and organizational measures. These measures leverage standard industry technologies and internal procedures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or damage. We maintain regular certification to ensure compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) for credit card payments. We also require that any third party processing personal information does so securely and confidentially. While we take every precaution to protect your personal information, please be aware that data transmission over the internet is not entirely secure. Once we receive your data, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
Registered users must maintain strict confidentiality of their passwords and refrain from sharing them with any third party.
If requested, we can provide additional details regarding our data security practices.
Rights of EU, EEA and UK Users
This section of the Policy pertains to individuals located in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), or the United Kingdom (UK).
As per relevant EU regulations, you possess the following rights about your personal information:
- You have the right to request information about how and why your personal information is processed and obtain a copy.
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information we may hold about you.
- You have the right to request the erasure of your personal information in limited circumstances, such as when: (a) you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information; (b) we are processing your personal information based on legitimate interests, and you object to such processing, and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing; (c) you have provided your personal information to us with your consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent, and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information; or (d) you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain situations, including when: (a) you contest the accuracy of the personal information; (b) the processing is unlawful, but you object to the erasure of the personal information; (c) we no longer need the personal information for its original purpose, but it is required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (d) you have objected to the processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interests, and we are evaluating your objection.
- You have the right to object to decisions made solely through automated processing or profiling.
- If you have given us your personal information with your consent, you have the right to request a copy of this data in a format that can be read by machines, and you can also request us to transfer (port) this data to another data controller.
- You can obtain a copy of or access safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside the EEA.
In specific situations, you may be entitled to object to processing your personal data by us if it relates to your particular circumstances, and we may have to cease processing your personal data. Additionally, if we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing, including profiling linked to such marketing, at any time. If you exercise this right, we will no longer process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Furthermore, you are entitled to file a grievance with a regulatory body responsible for safeguarding data protection and the above mentioned rights.
It should be noted that the right to access and the right to erasure are not unconditional rights, and local laws may curtail these rights based on the interests of other parties.
To ensure security and confirm your identity, we may request additional information from you prior to providing the requested data. Where permitted by law, we reserve the right to charge a fee. However, we may reject requests that endanger the privacy of others, are unfeasible, or require actions that are not lawful. Additionally, as allowed by relevant laws, we may retain certain personal information for a limited time for record-keeping, accounting, and fraud prevention purposes.
Specific Provisions for California Residents
If you are a resident of California, this section of the Policy pertains to you.
Over the past twelve (12) months, we have gathered the subsequent categories of personal information from users:
- Data that you submitted or shared with Gigred, including but not limited to (i) Personal identifiers and information, such as name, email addresses, postal addresses, online identifiers, social security number, passport number, or driving license number; (ii) Attributes of protected classifications, such as gender, facial image, audio or electronic data; (iii) Employment-related or professional information; (iv) Education-related data; (v) Business-related data; (vi) Audio or other sensory data, particularly if you provide audio-based services on Gigred.
- Data that is obtained when you utilize Gigred, which may include: (i) Personal identifiers and information, such as online identifiers, internet protocol (IP) addresses, access device and connection information (e.g., browser type, version, time zone setting, and browser plug-in types and versions); (ii) Business-related data, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or contemplated, as well as other purchasing or consumption histories or inclinations; (iii) Information concerning internet or other electronic network activity, including but not limited to login and logout times, session durations, uploaded and downloaded content, viewed web pages or specific content on web pages, and activity measurements; (iv) Location-related data.
- Data that we obtain from third parties, such as service providers, advertisers, and third-party accounts that are linked to Gigred, which may consist of (i) Personal identifiers and information, such as name, online identifiers, email addresses, internet protocol (IP) addresses, access device and connection information (e.g., browser type, version, time zone setting, and browser plug-in types and versions); (ii) Employment-related or professional information; (iii) Information regarding internet or other electronic network activity, including but not limited to login and logout times, session durations, uploaded and downloaded content, viewed web pages or specific content on web pages, and activity measurements; (iv) Business-related data; and (v) Location-based data.
- Conclusions made from any of the data mentioned above to generate a profile regarding you.
The personal information we gather or obtain is utilized for the business objectives mentioned in the section titled “How Do We Use the Information Collected?” above.
As stated earlier in this Policy, we refrain from “selling” (as defined in the CCPA) any personal information.
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following specific rights under the CCPA with respect to your personal information:
- You possess the right to request access to the personal information that we have amassed about you during the previous 12 months, which includes: (i) the types of personal information that we gather about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we obtain your personal information; (iii) the business or commercial intention behind gathering your personal information; (iv) the types of third parties with whom we have exchanged your personal information; (v) the specific personal information we have collected about you.
- Under certain circumstances and exceptions, you possess the right to request the deletion of personal information we collected from you.
- You are entitled to protection from discrimination when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
- If you have someone else submit a request to access or delete your personal information on your behalf, you are entitled to do so. However, the authorized agent you select must meet certain requirements. Firstly, they must be either an individual or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State for conducting business in California. Secondly, they must provide evidence of such registration. Lastly, they must furnish documentation or other evidence indicating they are authorized to act on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you to confirm your identity directly with us and to confirm that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
To request access or deletion of your personal information, we request that you create a Customer Relations ticket by clicking on the following link: https://gigred.com/help-support/. If you do not have an active Gigred account, please contact us at [email protected].
To process your request, we will confirm the information linked to your account, which includes your email address. Additionally, we may need to ask for government identification.
You are allowed to request access twice in a 12-month period. Any information we provide will only pertain to the 12 months prior to your request. Processing and responding to your request is generally free unless it is excessive, repetitive, or unfounded. If we decide that a fee is necessary, we will explain why and provide an estimate of the cost before proceeding.
Updating Personal Information