Gigred is firmly committed to safeguarding the personal information of all users who interact with the Site, including users (buyers, sellers, and other site visitors), affiliates, influencers, and other collaborators engaged with Gigred. You have the right to be informed about our procedures concerning the data we gather when you visit and/or use the Site. This Policy is designed to clarify our privacy practices for both the Site and the services offered by Gigred. It also covers privacy practices that pertain to individuals such as affiliates, influencers, and other collaborators. By accessing and/or using the platform and its associated applications, services, and products, or by registering for an account or enrolling in our affiliate, influencer, or similar programs, you acknowledge that you comprehend how we manage your personal data as outlined in this Policy. This includes our processes for collecting, using, disclosing, processing, and retaining personal information. Furthermore, you can find information in this Policy on restricting data sharing.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide: When you register on the Site, utilize its features, complete forms, participate in skills assessments or surveys, engage with the Site as a collaborator, and/or enroll in our affiliate or influencer or similar programs, we will request specific personal information from you. This information may include a valid email address, login details from Facebook or Google accounts, and your username. Additionally, we may require or collect supplementary information, such as your name, profile particulars, physical address or billing details, phone number or other contact information, transactional data, payment particulars (including instances where we process your payment method and credit card number), taxpayer information and forms, data of linked accounts on other social networks, details about your listed gigs, purchase history, educational background, profession, and expertise. We may also gather information and files that you upload to the Site, along with supplementary authentication data, such as copies of government-issued IDs, passports, or driver's licenses (as allowed by relevant laws and described in "Verifying Your Identity"). Furthermore, we collect information about your communications with Gigred, including any posts on our blogs or forums and your interactions with other Gigred users.
Information We Collect Automatically: We gather data as you engage with, browse, view, or otherwise utilize the Site. Put differently, when you access the Site, we acquire personal information concerning your interaction with the Site. This includes details about your transactions and communications with other users via the Site, your search activities, the specific pages you've visited, and any other actions you undertake on the Site. Additionally, we collect, utilize, and process information related to this usage, encompassing geo-location data, your IP address, device and connectivity information, browser particulars, web-log data, and the URLs of web pages you've visited before or after using the Site. Furthermore, we also collect and process data regarding using cookies and similar technologies, as outlined below. This information is utilized to provide our services to you, improve your user experience, personalize your browsing encounters, and oversee the Site to prevent fraud and discourage inappropriate content or behaviour.
Furthermore, we have introduced impression reporting to enhance your online experience on Gigred. As you engage with our advertisements, we collect certain information, including the user's Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data such as the user agent, IP address, host, URL, the country or continent from which the request originates, browser details, and information about the device, operating system, and operating system version being used.
Information We Receive from Third Parties: We obtain data from third-party vendors and/or other sources readily available in the commercial market, including:
- We receive additional data from third-party vendors to complement the information we gather about you, all in compliance with relevant laws. For instance, we receive fraud alerts from service providers to aid in our efforts to prevent fraud and assess risks. Furthermore, we obtain data from enrichment service providers to improve and tailor your experience. Additionally, we receive information from advertising and marketing partners to oversee and gauge the effectiveness of our campaigns.
- When you link, connect, or log in to your account using a third-party service like Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn, we obtain specific details from that particular service, such as your registration and profile information. Please be aware that the nature of this information may differ and is subject to control by the respective service or as authorized by you through your privacy settings on that particular service.
- If you opt to invite contacts from your G-suite directory, we will have the capability to access contact details, contingent upon your G-suite permissions. This information will enable you to invite your contacts to join your Gigred account. Furthermore, we may employ aggregated and anonymized data for our internal needs.
- Should you incorporate data from third parties into your account or connect your account with third-party systems, tools, or products, we will obtain specific information about you based on the permissions you have granted to those third parties.
We merge your personal information with data collected automatically or acquired from other entities, employing it for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
As applicable laws require, processing your personal information will always be substantiated by a "lawful ground" for such processing. In most instances, this justification for processing will be based on the following:
- You have granted your consent for us to utilize your personal information for a particular purpose;
- Our utilization of your personal information is essential for the execution of a contract or for taking measures to establish a contract with you (for instance, delivering services that you have procured);
- The processing is mandatory to adhere to a pertinent legal or regulatory requirement that we are subject to (for instance, fraud prevention); or
- The processing is required to uphold our legitimate business interests (such as enhancing our services to you), taking into account your interests and fundamental rights and always ensuring that it is carried out in a manner that is reasonable and proportionate.
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We employ your personal information to ensure high-quality service and security, operate the Site effectively, fulfil our commitments to you, and continually enhance our service. For instance, we utilize personal information to confirm your identity, establish and configure your account, verify or reset passwords, log your activities, facilitate interactions with other members, offer customer support, and occasionally contact you. This information aids us in enhancing and refining our services, comprehending and analyzing our performance, and your preferences and activities. It also enables us to tailor and personalize our service to enhance your experience, which includes suggesting Gigs and ranking search results, among other things.
- To maintain the integrity of our marketplace, prevent fraud, and uphold a secure and safe environment for our services, we utilize personal information. For instance, we employ personal data to oversee, track, and deter fraudulent activities and any other inappropriate actions, as well as to supervise the integrity of content, conduct security inquiries and risk evaluations, verify or validate the information you provide, enforce our Terms of Service, and comply with relevant regulations. In pursuit of these objectives, we also engage in specific behavioural analytics. In rare instances, automated processes may restrict or limit your access to Gigred if we identify activity that we believe poses a risk to the Gigred marketplace, other users, our community, or third parties. If you wish to dispute any such decision, please contact us at [email protected].
- To get in touch with you, either as per your explicit request under your prior approval or as allowed under the terms of this Policy.
- We utilize the data gathered from you for the promotion and marketing of the Site, our services, and the Gigred marketplace. This includes sending direct marketing messages (as elaborated below), presenting information that might pique your interest, and arranging and managing referral programs, contests, or other promotional initiatives or events.
- To uphold proper business records, respond to lawful requests from public authorities, and adhere to relevant laws and regulations or as otherwise mandated by legal requirements.
We will request your consent before utilizing information for any purpose that differs from the ones specified in this Policy.
- We employ your personal information to deliver direct marketing communications concerning Gigred's products, services, or promotions that might interest you and related services. These communications may be conveyed through email, postal mail, SMS, telephone calls, or tailored online advertisements.
- Our utilization of your personal information for marketing objectives is grounded in our legitimate interests, your consent, or as otherwise allowed by applicable laws. You retain the right to halt any form of direct marketing at any given time, which can be exercised by clicking the opt-out link provided in each communication or by emailing [email protected].
- We implement measures to control direct marketing to an appropriate and balanced extent, aiming to send you communications that we deem to be of potential interest or relevance, utilizing the information we possess about you.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
Generally, we adhere to the principle of retaining personal information only for the duration necessary to accomplish the initial purpose for which it was collected. Nevertheless, we may need to preserve your personal information for extended periods in specific situations. Personal information will be retained for the following purposes:
- For as long as it remains essential and pertinent to our operational needs, such as maintaining precise records of your interactions with us in case of complaints or disputes; and
- Regarding personal information derived from closed accounts, we do so to adhere to relevant laws, prevent fraud, recover any outstanding fees, resolve disputes, address issues, aid in investigations, enforce our Site terms, and undertake other actions authorized by legal provisions.
This Site is accessible to users who are 18 or older and possess the legal capacity to enter into binding agreements. Minors between 13 and 18 may only use the Site with an account owned by a parent or legal guardian, provided they have obtained the necessary consent. Children under 13 cannot access the Site or use Gigred services. We do not intentionally gather personal information from individuals under 13. Parents and guardians should actively supervise their children's online activities. Should we become aware that we have unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly remove that information. If you suspect we may have acquired information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not share or lease your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes unless you have given us explicit consent.
We disclose your personal information to third parties as outlined below:
- With other users and Site visitors: Upon registration, your username, country, and additional details about your activity become publicly accessible and visible to all Site users. This information encompasses any photos you upload, your published portfolio, Gig details, ratings, and any supplementary information you opt to include in your profile. We also allow you to engage and share content openly in forums, blogs, and similar features. It's important to note that specific information, such as your username, profile, and any content you upload, will be visible to the public when you utilize these features. Furthermore, your information will be shared with other users when you communicate or exchange messages. You assume the associated risks when you publicize your information or share your data with other Gigred users. If you share personal information with other users, including Sellers who provide services on Gigred, this information is shared with other users as distinct data controllers. Although Gigred's Terms of Service mandate that Sellers maintain the confidentiality of shared information, Gigred cannot guarantee that all users will adhere to these terms. Ultimately, you must ensure that other users conform to your expectations and standards.
- With Service Providers: We collaborate with service providers for business-related purposes, allowing them to provide essential services for the Site's operation, establish and maintain your account, and deliver supplementary services and solutions. These service providers encompass various entities, such as hosting services, billing and payment processors, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, forum hosting, community management services, data security and cybersecurity providers, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, session recording, communication systems, email systems, data optimization and marketing services, data enrichment services, as well as legal, financial advisors, or technical consultants. Under applicable legal obligations, we implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that third-party providers adequately protect your personal information and process it exclusively in alignment with our directives.
- For Legal Reasons: We disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities, or other entities when compelled by a subpoena, court order, judicial proceeding, or regulatory authority. This disclosure occurs when we firmly believe it is legally required or reasonably necessary to comply with legal proceedings. It may also transpire when we deem it essential or appropriate to reveal personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as during investigations into suspected fraud, potential legal violations, security breaches, or breaches of this Policy. Additionally, we may make such disclosures to address claims against us and safeguard the rights, assets, or personal well-being of Gigred, our customers, or the general public.
- For Payments and Fraud Detection: We disclose personal information to payment processors, fraud detection agencies, and similar third-party entities to facilitate payments conducted through the Site. This ensures the Site's security and safeguards against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims, or other potential liabilities.
- With our Social Media Partners: Our Site incorporates specific social media functionalities, including single sign-on features. Additionally, we share restricted personal information with social media platforms and marketing partners like Facebook and Google to promote our services and the Gigred marketplace. These features and third-party services gather particular information about you and may set cookies to facilitate their operation. The policies governing these third-party features are determined by their respective providers.
- Users with whom you Interact: We disclose personal information to facilitate interactions among users. For instance, if you are a Buyer, we might share specific limited details about you (such as indicating that it's your initial purchase on Gigred) with the Seller. This information sharing is constrained in scope and is solely aimed at enhancing the services the Seller provides and improving your user experience.
- In Context of Corporate Transactions: Personal information may also be revealed in case of a business transition, such as a merger, sale, transfer of Gigred's assets in whole or in part, acquisition, bankruptcy, or a comparable event. We will disclose your data to the potential purchaser if we sell any business or assets. Should a third party acquire us or substantially all of our assets, user information held by us will constitute one of the assets transferred.
Where We Store Your Personal Information?
Certain personal information you furnish to us may be stored or processed by third-party suppliers and data processors on our behalf. This data may be located in different jurisdictions, including but not limited to the United States and India, which may have legal regulations differing from your country of residence. This applies to both internal transfers and those involving third parties. In specific cases, personal information transfers from the European Economic Area (EEA) to destinations outside the EEA may not provide adequate data protection according to European data protection standards such as the United States. Concerning data transfers to such recipients outside the EEA, we implement suitable safeguards, notably by entering into European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses, as updated periodically, and/or equivalent data transfer protective measures. We are committed to taking all reasonable measures to guarantee the secure and compliant handling of your personal information under this Policy.
Do Not Track
We employ technical and organizational measures to uphold the security of the Site, our services, and personal information. These measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or damage to data, and they encompass industry-standard technologies and internal protocols. For instance, we routinely maintain PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification, as mandated when processing credit card payments.
Furthermore, we establish contractual arrangements to ensure that any third party handling your personal information commits to securely maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of your data.
Nonetheless, it's important to note that data transmission over the internet is not entirely impervious to threats. While we try to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data transmitted to the Site. Once we receive your data, we implement rigorous procedures and security features to deter unauthorized access.
Users registered on the Site pledge to maintain the utmost confidentiality of their passwords and refrain from disclosing them to any third party. For additional information about our data security practices, please request details.
Rights of EU, EEA and UK Users
This portion of the Policy is relevant to individuals in the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA), or the UK.
Under relevant EU regulations, you possess the following rights concerning your personal information:
- To acquire details about the processing of your personal information, including the methods and legal grounds, as well as to receive a copy thereof;
- To rectify inaccurate personal information;
- To request the deletion of your personal information in specific situations, including when: (a) you believe it's no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information; (b) we process your personal information based on legitimate interests, and you object to such processing without us having an overriding legitimate reason; (c) you've provided your personal information with consent, and you wish to withdraw your consent without any alternative basis for processing; and (d) you suspect that your personal information is being unlawfully processed by us;
- To request the limitation of your personal information's processing in the following circumstances: (a) when there's a dispute regarding the accuracy of the personal information; (b) when processing is unlawful, but you object to the deletion of the personal information; (c) when the personal information is no longer needed for its initial collection purposes, but it's essential for legal claim establishment, exercise, or defence; or (d) when you've objected to our processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interests, and we're evaluating your objection;
- To raise objections to decisions that exclusively rely on automated processing or profiling;
- If you have given us your personal information with your consent, you have the right to request a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to request us to transfer (port) this data to another data controller;
- To acquire a copy of or gain access to the measures that protect your personal information when transferred outside of the EEA.
In specific situations, you may possess the right to object to processing your personal data based on reasons related to your specific circumstances. If this objection is valid, we may be obligated to cease processing your personal data. Furthermore, if your personal data is being processed for direct marketing objectives, you have the right to oppose the processing of personal data about you for such marketing purposes, encompassing profiling linked to such direct marketing. In such instances, we will discontinue processing your personal data for these purposes.
Beyond what has been mentioned, you also possess the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
Kindly be aware that the right of access and the right to erasure are not unrestricted rights, and local laws may impose limitations on these rights to safeguard the interests of other individuals.
Before providing you with the requested data, we will request additional information to verify your identity and for security reasons. Under applicable law, we retain the right to impose a fee for this service. We may refuse to process requests that endanger the privacy of others, are exceedingly impractical, or would compel us to undertake actions that violate applicable laws. Moreover, as permitted by relevant laws, we will retain specific personal information for a limited duration to fulfil record-keeping, accounting, and fraud prevention requirements.
Specific Provisions for California Residents
This section of the Policy pertains to individuals who are residents of California.
Over the past twelve (12) months, we have gathered the subsequent categories of personal information from our users:
- Data that you voluntarily uploaded or furnished to Gigred, encompassing but not limited to (i) Identifiers and personal data, like names, postal addresses, online identifiers, email addresses, passport numbers, or driver's license numbers, and social security numbers; (ii) Attributes related to protected classifications, including gender, facial images, audio recordings, electronic information, or similar data; (iii) Information linked to your profession or employment; (iv) Details about your educational background; (v) Business-related information; (vi) Audio or other sensory information, for instance, if you offer audio-based services on Gigred.
- Data we gather when you use Gigred, including (i) Identifiers and personal data, such as online identifiers, internet protocol (IP) addresses, details about your access device and connection (such as browser type, version, time zone settings, and browser plug-in types and versions); (ii) Commercial data, comprising information about products or services you have purchased, acquired, or contemplated, as well as your purchasing or consumption history; (iii) Internet or electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, login and logout times, session durations, content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web pages, specific content on web pages, and activity metrics; (iv) Location data.
- Data that we collect or receive from third parties, which may include information from service providers, advertisers, and third-party accounts linked to Gigred, encompassing (i) Identifiers and personal details such as names, online identifiers, email addresses, internet protocol (IP) addresses, details about your access device and connection (such as browser type, version, time zone settings, and browser plug-in types and versions); (ii) Professional or employment-related data; (iii) Information related to internet or other electronic network activities, which includes but is not limited to login and logout times, session durations, content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web pages, specific content on web pages, and activity metrics; (iv) Commercial information; and (v) Location data.
- Conclusions are made based on the abovementioned information to generate a profile about you.
We utilize the personal information we gather or obtain for the business purposes outlined in the "How Do We Use the Information Collected?" section above.
As mentioned earlier in this Policy, we do not engage in the "sale" of personal information, as defined under the CCPA.
You have the following particular rights under the CCPA concerning personal information about you, with some exceptions:
- You possess the right to request access to the personal information we have amassed about you during the last 12 months. This encompasses (i) the categories of personal information we gather concerning you, (ii) the sources from which we collect your personal information, (iii) the business or commercial rationale for collecting your personal information, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have exchanged your personal information, (v) the precise pieces of personal information we have accumulated about you.
- You have the right to request the deletion of personal information associated with you, subject to specific conditions and exceptions.
- You also possess the right to be free from discrimination for asserting your rights under the CCPA.
- You also have the option to submit your request through an authorized agent. If you choose to use an authorized agent to submit a request for accessing or deleting your personal information on your behalf, the authorized agent must meet the following criteria: (1) be an individual or business entity registered to conduct business in California, as recognized by the California Secretary of State; (2) furnish evidence of this registration; and (3) provide documentation or other proof establishing their authorization to act on your behalf. We also require you to verify your identity with us and confirm directly that you have granted permission to the authorized agent to make the request.
We will authenticate your request by cross-referencing the information linked to your account, which includes your email address. In some cases, government identification may also be necessary.
You can request access to your information only twice within 12 months. Any information we provide will pertain solely to the 12 months preceding the receipt of your request. We do not impose a fee for processing or responding to your verifiable User request unless deemed excessive, repetitive, or clearly unfounded. If we conclude that a fee is warranted, we will clarify the reasons for this determination and offer you a cost estimate before proceeding with your request.
Updating Personal Information
We take proactive measures to ensure the accuracy of the personal information we gather. We also provide the means to update your information via your account profile settings. If you believe that any of your data is incorrect or inaccurate in any way, please inform us immediately. We will promptly investigate the matter and, where necessary, rectify any inaccuracies or offer you expedited options to update or delete the information. However, please note that we may be obligated to retain certain information for legitimate business or legal reasons. When you request updates to your personal information, we will request identity verification before processing your request. If you encounter any difficulties deleting your personal information, please contact Gigred's Customer Support. We will make reasonable efforts to delete such information under applicable privacy laws.
You can inspect and modify your personal information by logging into the Site and navigating to your account profile page.
If you remove your User Generated Content (referred to as "UGC" in the Gigred Terms of Service) from the Site, please be aware that copies of your UGC may still be accessible in cached or archived pages, or it may have been duplicated or stored by other Site users. The appropriate access and utilization of information provided on the Site, including UGC, are regulated by our Terms of Service.
To exercise your rights regarding your personal information, we request that you initiate a Customer Relations Ticket. Please provide all pertinent information to ensure your ticket is appropriately addressed. We will handle all requests under local laws and established policies and procedures. Alternatively, you can reach out to us at [email protected].
If you have any inquiries or feedback regarding this Policy, please contact our team at [email protected], and we will endeavor to respond within a reasonable timeframe.